Letter Of Recommendation Writing Service
Studying abroad is a dream for many Indian students. If you are one of them, read ahead to learn how you can be one step closer to realizing your dream.
You may think you are ready to embark on your journey abroad by studying for exams and scoring top grades, but here’s a question you should ask yourself: what is the one thing that can make your application stand out when almost every aspirant is doing the same? The answer is quite simple: a letter of recommendation.
So, what is a letter of recommendation?
As the name suggests, it is a letter that recommends you to be fit for a particular course or job based on your qualities and capabilities as assessed by the person writing the letter. It is also known as a reference letter. It may be written by your teachers, college professors, a supervisor, etc.
It is an extremely important document since it shows why you are fit for studying at your dream university. Most foreign universities require at least two LOR.
So, if you are looking for good LORs, worry not, we are here to take you step by step through the entire format of a good recommendation letter.
- The writer should begin by introducing himself/herself in one or two lines. His name and designation will be sufficient. Also, your relation to the person writing the letter must be mentioned. In addition, you may also mention the time for which you have been associated with him/her.
- Request the writer to focus on a few qualities that are important for your application and support these with relevant instances showcasing these qualities.
- The next section should contain some of your achievements. Limit these to few that are important and relevant. The writer should use these achievements to show that you have the capability to contribute to the institution.
- Some mild criticism may be discussed at the end. But make sure it does not overshadow the good qualities and achievements.
- The letter should be concluded on a positive note with a statement showing that the writer supports your decision and hopes the best for your future endeavors.
While this is a general format of the letter, there are some things that you should avoid while writing a LOR.
- Avoid using flowery language.
- Do not write anything that is not true.
- Do not use statements that reflect discrimination on the basis of gender, race, religion, caste, etc.
- Avoid using vague and generalized terms.
- Ensure that there are no grammatical mistakes.
Some additional tips to enhance the LOR
- Try getting it from someone well-known in the field. If not, at least from someone who has been in the field for a long time.
- Get the writer to focus on the work and qualities that you employed during your term with them so that the letter is more genuine.
- Start working for people from whom you wish to get recommendations right from the beginning. This will ensure that you have plenty of people to give you references.