Assistant professors at Kumaon University, read more for further details
Kumaun University Jobs: If you are fond of living among the mountains, then there is a special news for you. The recruitment has taken place at Kumaon University, situated between the mountains in Nainital, Uttarakhand. The state government is going to do this recruitment on 63 posts of Assistant Professor here. Eligible candidates can apply for these posts in online mode. Candidates have time till 09 October 2019 to apply, then candidates should apply on or before the last date to apply
Exciting opportunity for academicians and research scholars to tap their teaching skills by applying for the post Assistant Professor at Kumaun University. The university, situated in the lap of nature is a state government undertaking and has a requirement of 63 professors across various streams.
Here is the list of vacant posts available for probable candidates
Please find below General Instructions For the Candidates
Minimum eligibility criteria for the posts will be in accordance of the UGC regulations on minimum qualifications
for appointment of teachers and other academic staff in universities and colleges and measures for the
maintenance of standards in higher education, 2018 as adopted by the State of Uttarakhand
2. Those candidates who have applied against earlier advertisement no. GEN/Teach. Estb./1187, dated 16/09/2015
are also required to apply afresh against this advertisement.
3. The candidates having domicile certificate of Uttarakhand will only be considered under reserved categories
(SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwD) as per the policy of Uttarakhand Government. The candidates under reserved categories
(SC/ST/OBC) will have to submit the relevant category certificate and domicile certificate along with application
on the prescribed format.
4. The number of vacancies may increase or decrease, depending upon the availability at the time of selection.
5. Candidates must send self-attested copies of testimonials, mark-sheets from matriculation (10th Standard)
onwards in support of qualifications, reprints of publications and certificates in support of their
research score claimed for the post along with the application form.
6. The University reserves the right to fill or not to fill any of/all the vacancies notified above at any time without
giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the
available candidates. The University may, at its discretion, fill up any future vacancy belonging to
UR/EWS/SC/ST/OBC as per the roster point of the University. The number of positions is thus open to change.
The University may relax/review the qualification/experience at any stage and in case of candidates with
7. Horizontal Reservation will be as per the policy of Uttarakhand Government. Due to non availability of the
candidates against horizontal reservation vacancy, the specific posts may be filled by the other candidate of the
8. Any corrigendum/changes/updates related to the recruitments process shall be available on official website of
the University www.kunainital.ac.in.
9. Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be rejected.
10. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the
issue of appointment letter, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel without any
communication made to the candidate.
11. Applicants who are in employment should route their application through proper channel or should submit a
“No Objection Certificate” from the employer prior to the interview, failing to which their candidature shall not
12. Please visit our University website www.kunainital.ac.in for application form, details of qualifications and other
instructions in this regard.
13. A non refundable application fee of Rs. 1000/- shall be charged from the candidates of UR & OBC categories and
Rs 500/- application fee shall be charged from the candidates belonging to EWS, SC and ST categories.
14. Download application form from University website www.kunainital.ac.in and be submitted with a bank draft for
Rs. 1000/- (for UR & OBC categories) and Rs. 500/- (for EWS/SC/ST categories) in favour of Finance Officer,
Kumaun University, Nainital, payable at Nainital.
15. The last date for accepting the completely filled up application forms along with the enclosures in the office of
Deputy Registrar (General Administration), Kumaun University, Nainital, Room No. 133, B- Block, Sleepy Hollow,
Mallital, Nainital (Uttarakhand)-263002 via registered post/speed post is on 9
th October, 2019 at 5.00 pm.
Important Date –
Last date to apply – 09 October, 2019
Vacancy Details –
Assistant Professor – 63 Posts
Minimum eligibility criteria for appointment of teachers and other academic staff in universities and colleges and minimum eligibility criteria for maintenance of standards in higher education by Uttarakhand state in 2018. Are according to the adopted rules.
How to apply:
Eligible candidates can apply online for these posts. Candidates have time till 09 October 2019 to apply for these posts